Okay, so a lot’s going down. Let’s get started, shall we?
First, you may have noticed that I’ve taken down my countdown and link for my Smashwords link for Blood Chimera. Why? Because a publishing contract may be happening after all. No final word yet (and it’s not with the same publisher as before) but since I won’t have final confirmation until after DragonCon, it makes no sense to put the book live at that time. The new publisher is still an indie, but they fulfill the main requirements I have — namely they bring talents to the table that I can’t do myself, including some bang-up awesome marketing. So I’m crossing my fingers and hoping that works out. Because while I can do some of this myself (and expect I will) it would be nice to have a support network. Oh so nice.
After that, the next step will be to figure out if I’m going to self-publish Marduk’s Rebellion or keep trying to find a publisher.
Okay, so second, C. Jeffrey over at FOTS Fantasy nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Yay!
So let’s go over the criteria.
1) Thank the person who nominated me.
C. Jeffrey! He’s working on an epic fantasy treatment (very Roman, very intense on the world-building) that I’m very much looking forward to seeing in print. Plus, he loves Steven Erickson as much as I do, so I’m sure he will bring some of that love of interesting world building to his work. Check him out if you haven’t already!
2) Put up the picture of for the One Lovely Blog Award.
3) Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
- I am both an illustrator and writer, although due to a fun thing called ‘facet syndrome’ (which sadly has nothing to do with gems), I can do very little art without suffering dearly for it later. I sometimes draw anyway, because.
- Mosquitos find me delicious.
- I am descended from three pilgrims on the Mayflower: obviously this is why I find Plymouth gin so tasty.
- My first experience with LARP’ing was at a christian camp in the San Bernadino Mountains of Southern California, who had the children at the camp pretend to be East Germans trying to cross the Black Forest while camp counselors with ‘guns’ hunted them down and ‘killed’ any trespassers they found. It was a ridiculous amount of fun, which was undoubtedly not the lesson they had planned to teach.
- I have been inside a bank while it was being robbed by armed gunmen.
- As a child, I read every book in the science-fiction/fantasy section of my school’s library.
- I am incredibly allergic to aspartame. Seriously, that shit will fuck me up.
4. Nominate seven other people and tell them in their blogs that you’ve nominated them.
Mike Lyons (Full Disclosure: My husband, but I still think his blog deserves it!)
Okay, so that should about do the trick, don’t you think?